Winter’s setting in and what better way to pass some time indoors than to hone your cooking skills a bit?
Here are a few creative uses of some of our products.
Gingerbread Men Cookies
2 tablespoons & 1/2 teaspoon Saratoga Olive Oil Co. Ras el Hanout spice*
1 stick of butter, cut into 12 pieces softened
3/8 cup organic molasses
1/4 cup Savannah Bee Company Sourwood Honey*
1/8 Slopeside Syrup Grade B Maple Syrup*
3 cups flour
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
2 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixer fitted with whisk attachment, mix together flour, sugar, Ras el Hanout, salt and baking soda. Let mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until mixture is a fine grain.
- In liquid measuring cup, combine maple syrup and honey. Add 3/8 cup molasses, until mixture reaches a total of 3/4 cup.
- With your paddle attachment on medium speed, gradually add in butter and mix for about 2 minutes
- Slowly add in milk and molasses/syrup/honey mixture until combined
- Separate dough into 2 equal parts. Roll out each and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Place dough in freezer for about 20 minutes
- Cut out your gingerbread men and place in oven for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and then decorate with icing or sprinkles
Fig & Raspberry Baked Brie
Brie (or your favorite soft, creamy cheese round)
1 Tablespoon Raspberry Preserves
1/2 Tablespoon Saratoga Olive Oil Co. Fig Balsamic
Pillsbury crescent rolls or Phyllo dough
- Slice cheese horizontally through the middle.
- In a bowl, combine raspberry preserves and fig balsamic. Spread mixture on one half of cheese then place other half on top.
- Wrap cheese in dough. Make sure ends of dough are fully sealed around cheese. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Winter Warmer Whiskey
1 1/2 oz whiskey
2 oz boiling water
1 tablespoon Slopeside Syrup Grade B Maple Syrup*
- Combine maple syrup, boiling water, and whiskey in a mug or glass.
- Add splashes of balsamic vinegars to taste.