We took three of our favorite things - apples, bacon, and chèvre - drizzled them with our most popular infused balsamic vinegar, then rolled them up in flaky crescent rolls and baked them.
An irrestisble snack sized treat oozing with the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavor.
This recipe uses our Fig Balsamic, selected for its juicy, complex flavor that's the perfect complement to nearly any dish. It pairs particularly well with chèvre and apples and is our most popular infused balsamic vinegar. Fig is an excellent choice, but this recipe can be adapted to include any of your favorite infused dark balsamics. We also suggest Vermont Maple, Pomegranate, or Dark Chocolate. The rolled shape makes these a perfect hand-held party snack, great for entertaining.
Bacon Chèvre Roll ups with Fig Balsamic
8 oz. package of crescent rolls (8 pieces)
8 strips bacon
4 oz. log of chèvre
1 cup red apples, diced
1 Tbsp. Saratoga Olive Oil Co. Fig Balsamic Vinegar
1. Bake bacon strips in oven at 400 degrees for approximately 12 minutes. (Avoid making bacon too crispy so it can still be rolled easily.)
2. Lay out crescent roll dough on a greased baking sheet.
3. Add bacon, chèvre, apples and top with Fig Balsamic.
4. Roll up dough in a pocket - keeping the ingredients stuffed inside.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.