Asian Spicy Tangerine Chicken
Asian Spicy Tangerine Chicken using Tangerine Balsamic and Japanese Roasted Sesame Oil.
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed or sliced thin
- 1 t cornstarch
- 2/3 c onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, cut into 1
- 5 dried chili peppers, minced
- 2 t Szechuan peppercorns, roasted and ground
- 2 t fresh ginger, minced
- 2 T fresh tangerine juice or orange juice
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T hoisin sauce
- 3 t Granulated sugar
- 3/4 t Szechuan chili paste with garlic
- 3 T Japanese Roasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 T tangerine or orange peel, cut into strips
- 2 T Tangerine Balsamic
- 2 c steamed white rice, if desired
- 1. Combine chicken and cornstarch. Set aside. Combine onions in small bowl. Set aside. Combine chili peppers, peppercorns and ginger in another bowl. Set aside. Combine juice, soy sauce, hoisin, sugar and chili paste and mix well.
- 2. Heat oil in a wok to 225°F. Add chicken and cook until it loses pink color. Remove chicken from oil. Heat remaining oil until it is very hot. Add chili pepper mixture and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add citrus peel and onions. Stir-fry 20 seconds. Mix in chicken and juice mixture. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add balsamic and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Serve over rice.