Chipotle Olive Oil Poached Salmon
A moist salmon fillet topped with an aioli and poached vegetables.
- 1/2-1 c Chipotle Infused Olive Oil
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 3 large shallots, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 fresh or dried chili peppers (to taste)
- 2 lbs. salmon fillets with skin on
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 T mustard
- chopped fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, oregano or parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Place a deep sided sauté pan on low heat. Add enough oil to a depth of about 1/2 inch. Add garlic, shallots, tomatoes and chili and steep for about 5-7 minutes.
- 2. Add the salmon to the oil. Add more oil if necessary so that all ingredients are covered. Cook over low heat until salmon reaches about 110 degrees when a meat thermometer is inserted into the thickest part. The oil should never boil or simmer. Remove the pan from the heat. Spoon out about 1 cup of the oil and a couple of garlic cloves. Reserve for later. Cover pan and allow to cool slightly.
- 3. To make the aioli: Place the yolks in the bowl of a food processor. Add the mustard, salt and pepper. Pulse to combine the ingredients. Add the 2 reserved garlic cloves and half the vinegar. Pulse again. With the machine running, very slowly drizzle in the reserved oil. Keep adding the oil until the mixture thickens to the consistency of a mayonnaise. Add the remaining Champagne Vinegar and check the seasoning. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and reserve. Chill slightly.
- 4. Remove the salmon with a slotted spoon or spatula and place on a serving plate. Top the salmon with some of the poached vegetables and some of the aioli. Finish with the herbs of your choice.
Rate this Recipe
- Carol HargisJun 30, 2014
- It appears Champagne Vinegar is omitted in the ingredient list. Please edit with the total amount required. Thank you.