Cous Cous alla Trapanese
Chef Fabrizio Bazzani brings us this vegetarian Cous Cous alls Trapanese recipe using Persian Lime Olive Oil and Harissa Olive Oil.
- 1 eggplant peeled and diced
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1 c green olives, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 10-12 oz caned peeled tomatoes
- 4 T Persian Lime Olive Oil
- ground clove
- Harissa Olive Oil to finish
- 1 box of couscous, prepare as instructed
- 1. Place eggplant in a bowl of salted water and set aside.
- 2. Sauté the shallots and olives in a skillet until soft. Drain the eggplant and add to skillet with the zucchini and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomato, a pinch of cloves and Persian Lime Olive Oil to skillet. Cook 10-15 more minutes.
- 3. When finished, season lightly with salt, pepper and Harissa Olive Oil to taste. Serve over couscous.