Grilled Radicchio and Romaine with Shaved Pecorino
Marinated lettuce leaves placed on the grill make a delicious salad alternative.
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 t dried crushed red pepper
- 1/3 c Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 large heads of romaine and/or radicchio lettuce
- 1 c Pecorino romano cheese shavings
- fresh ground pepper
- 1. Quarter cut lettuce heads lengthwise so that core is attached to each quarter.
- 2. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper in large bowl. Add lettuce quarters and toss to coat. Marinate 15 minutes.
- 3. Prepare grill (medium heat). Drain marinade into small bowl. Place radicchio and romaine on grill; sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Grill until edges are crisp and slightly charred, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- 4. Transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with reserved marinade and sprinkle with cheese shavings.