Harissa Roasted Chicken with Chickpeas and Red Onion
This Middle Eastern dish is delicious for both lunch and dinner. Spicy and filling. Sure to be a favorite.
- 2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- French Fleur de Sel Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Large Onion, sliced thinly
- 2 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 container Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 bunch Scallions, chopped
- 16 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup Harrissa Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Saffron Sea Salt
- 1. Coat the chicken with the Harissa oil and season with salt & pepper. Place the chicken in a reseal able plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. In a large bowl mix the chickpeas, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Add half the lemon juice and zest. Add 2 tablespoons of the Harissa Oil and the scallions and toss. Cover and chill overnight. Bring the mixture to room temperature before serving. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken on a sheet pan and roast 10-12 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155 degrees. Remove the chicken from the oven and let the chicken rest until the internal temperature reaches 165. Place the yogurt in a bowl and season with the Saffron salt, lemon juice and the remaining zest and let stand at least 2 hours or overnight. Place the chickpea salad in the center of a serving plate and slice the chicken and place it over the salad. Top with the yogurt sauce and add a few grains of Saffron salt if needed.