Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto with Mushrooms
Risotto is the ultimate comfort food. This recipe incorporates butternut squash, mushrooms and white wine. Substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock and it becomes a delicious vegetarian main course!
- 3-4 c vegetable stock
- 1/4 c minced chives
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 T Butternut Squash Seed Oil
- 2 c diced mushrooms
- 2 c cubed butternut squash
- 1 c Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1/2 t Italian Sea Salt
- 1/2 t fresh grated pepper
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- Juniper Berry Balsamic
- 1. Simmer stock in pot.
- 2. In large saucepan, sauté chives, mushrooms, shallots in oil for 5 mins. Add squash, 2 mins. Add rice and coat 1 min. Add wine, stir until evaporated. Add stock, ladle at a time, stirring until each has evaporated. Add salt and pepper. Cooking total should be about 20 min until rice is done.
- 3. Add 2T Butternut Squash Seed Oil, add 2T butter, stir in parmesan. Serve immediately. Drizzle with Juniper Berry Balsamic.