Roasted Lamb with Fig & Lavender Jelly
The perfect spring recipe for roasted lamb with a fig & lavender jelly. This southern french inspired dish uses the delicious combination of Herbs de Provence Olive Oil and Lavender Balsamic.
- 1/4 c SOOC Herbs de Provence Olive Oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 3 1/2 lb boneless leg of lamb
- SOOC Sicilian Sea Salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 T SOOC Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- 6 medium shallots, quartered
- 1/2 c dried figs, quartered
- 1 t honey
- 1/4 c SOOC Lavender Balsamic
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rub half of the olive oil and the sliced garlic cloves all over the inside of the lamb. Roll up the meat and tie with kitchen string to form roast. Rub the remaining oil all over the roast and set on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2. Roast the lamb for about 15 minutes, until it is just starting to brown. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and roast for 1 hour, until the thickest part registers at 130 degrees for rare. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let rest for 25-30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 2 T of olive oil until simmering. Add the shallots, figs, honey and a pinch of salt. Cook on moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are softened, about 7 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the jam is thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Season and let cool.
- 4. Serve the lamb with the fig and lavender jelly.