Stuffed Mushrooms with Truffle Oil
Les Petits Farcis could be stuffed zucchini, tomatoes, onions or any garden vegetable that you have in season! We chose mushrooms which work well as an appetizer for a small portion and compliment the Truffle Oil and Porcini salt perfectly!
- 30 mushrooms with large caps, mini Portobello or white button
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced finely
- spices - cumin, coriander, tumeric, saffron, piment d’espelette cinnamon are all delicious additions!
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1. Soak Porcini in warm liquid for 10 minutes and then diced, use porcini liquid for cooking rice.
- 2. Simmer rice of choices in water with a pinch of salt, until tender.
- 3. Brown ground beef in a shallow sauté and add in chopped onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- 4. Add the browned meat to the coked rice and add all the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and the spices of choice.
- 5. Add the filling into the hollowed out mushroom. Drizzle mushroom with truffle oil and a pinch of salt and add filling. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- 6. before serving, finish with Truffle Oil and Porcini Sea Salt