This makes a delicious breakfast...or you could omit the oats for a healthy dessert option!
Cooked Figs with Greek Yogurt & Blood Orange Walnut Granola
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup dried figs, covered with SOOC Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- 2 T dark honey
- 1½ T SOOC Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 C walnuts, shelled and chopped
- 1 C oats
- Greek Yogurt
- Add Blood Orange Olive Oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Once oil is heated, add walnuts and oats; roughly toss and toast until fragrant and golden. Sprinkle with cinnamon and toss to coat; let cool.
- Heat the figs, Fig Balsamic Vinegar, and honey in a small saucepan. Cook at a low simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to create a compote; allow to cool.
- Portion the Greek Yogurt into small bowls and spoon the fig compote over top. Garnish with toasted granola.
- Depending on your preference, the walnuts can also be swapped for chopped almonds...or even omitted to suit nut allergies!
This is sure to please your sweet tooth while staying true to your New Years resolutions. Any recipes you'd like to try in the new year? Let us know! Send your thoughts to email@example.com
Happy New Year...and happy cooking!
Chef Alyssa Dion