Try Saratoga Olive Oil's newest steak recipe. Our customers loved our Chipotle Grilled Filet so much that we had to do another recipe featuring this awesome chipotle infused steak! Now served with a beautifully dressed watermelon and blue cheese salad!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 Tbs Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tbs Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 cup SOOC Chipotle Olive Oil
- 4 Filet mignon steaks
- 6 cups Watermelon, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 small Purple onion, sliced thin
- 4 Oz Blue or Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbs Fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup SOOC Pomegranate Quince White Balsamic Vinegar
1. For the marinade: puree lime juice, honey, garlic, cilantro and Chipotle Infused Olive Oil
2. Place steaks and marinade in a Ziploc bag for at least 3 hours.
3. About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steak from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature. Heat grill to high. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135° F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140° F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150° F). Allow steaks to rest on a cutting board or platter for 5 minutes before slicing.
4. In a serving bowl, gently toss watermelon, sliced onion, gorgonzola cheese and mint together. Drizzle Pomegranate Quince Balsamic over the salad, and serve chilled.
To Print the recipe visit: Chipotle Steak with Watermelon Salad